- data types (relational, spatial, graphical, temporal, stream, etc.), uncertainty, privacy
- expert knowledge or user interactions through adapted visual supports
Part of our work has, over the years, established connections with other research fields that handle large data sets, which analysis requires introduction of field-specific expert knowledge into models (biology, ethology, history, sociology, literature and education sciences).
Our research activities in data management, data mining and interaction also target specific applications :
- social web (social network analysis, recommender systems)
- ontology engineering (building/evolving ontologies from heterogeneous data)
- integrative biology (genome-wide association)
- culture and education (mining of user traces)
The DUKe research group was created in jan. 2014 by merging the former COD and GRIM research groups.